Monday, April 23, 2012

Pippi Longstocking


My Karalyn turns 9 on Wednesday!!  We invited all the girls from the 3rd Grade (19) and 2 neighborhood friends to help her celebrate after school on Thursday.  We are going to practice hospitality Pippi Longstocking style.  I am really excited about this birthday party.  It's a little out of my comfort zone because Pippi is more of a free spirit than I am.  In other words, she's messy.  That's probably why Karalyn and I enjoyed reading her book so much.  If you haven't introduced your kids to this series by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren, do so, today!!  There are movies too ;-)  You'll laugh and shake your grown-up head at all the crazy things she does.  Practicing hospitality sometimes stretches us, or even gets us to act like kids again.

So, Karalyn and I have lots of fun planned for Thursday based on the adventures of Pippi Longstocking. I hope to follow up with some photos...

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Will you have a horse lifting contest? Sounds like fun! Happy birthday, Karalyn!

Sara said...

She has to go to bed with her feet on her pillow that night! Love those books! Read them to my girls too!