Friday, April 27, 2012

Pippi Party success

Hip HiPippi Hooray, Karalyn's 9th Birthday party was a success.  We had 18 girls running in and out of the house.  The girls made cookies on the kitchen floor, played 'don't touch the floor' in the family room, ate snacks in the dining room and ran all around the yard.  I've vacuumed, mopped, picked up and wiped up signs of a good time. 

Practicing hospitality doesn't always have to been neat and tidy.  In fact, it was quite fun spreading flour on the floor and watching the girls jump on furniture.   Pippi would have been proud of this 42 year old!  If only I had put my feet on my pillow and my head under the covers when I finally went to bed!

So, have fun practicing hospitality this weekend, even if it's out of your comfort zone.  (I hope it is.)You know you'll make someone happy ;-)

3rd graders rule!

 
making Swedish Pepparkakors

 
strongest girl, lifting "Old Man" 

Karalyn leading the girls in "Pippi Says"

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love, love, love this! You are the most fun mom ever!