Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Soup


Good Morning.  It sure is pretty out there today.  I love Fall, don't you?  I find when the weather gets cooler, I get cozier and by that I mean jeans, sweaters, pretty scarfs, boots... Also, my house seems cozier too.  The scent of spice candles fills the rooms, blankets on the couch and the crock pot comes out!  I made onion soup yesterday with my son Jacob.  If you don't mind the watery eyes, onion soup is really easy to make and tastes so good with a thick slice of bread with melted cheese on top.  YUM!

Soups are great for sharing.  Practice hospitality today by making a big pot of soup.  Think of someone to invite over or just drop some off at their house with a note telling them why they are special to you.

One last thing, I'd love to hear about your soup.  Please write me a comment:-)  Thanks.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I loooovvveee soup. After reading your blog, I just might invite a girlfriend over for a bowl. It also helps that the picture of the soup you made looks delicous :)

Mary said...

Thank you Kelly. I really hope you do make some yummy soup and have a girlfriend over to enjoy it with you. Let me know what you make:-)

Mark said...

I just had Chloe's leftover clam chow(l)der last night. It's not homemade but a good second.

mary said...

she still likes clam chowder?! that's great. hey, thanks for being my 1st follower... you know I was yours! I love you, brother.

Sara Van Goor said...

Love, love, love your blog! I've been in cozy-soup-mode too! I recently made a white bean (love it!), potato-leak-bacon (rich but yum!), butternut (good in small quantities, filling!) and tonight it was homemade chicken. I cook up a giant pot and then freeze the leftovers in smaller batches so we can enjoy througout the cooler weather. Keep up the blogging!

mary said...

and I love your soups! Good thing I know where to find you so that I can get recipes! :) thanks for your comment.