Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween


I didn't think I would get to 'blog' today because I was running around this morning, getting ready for Jillian's Halloween party at school, and then our power went out again and was out for a good part of the afternoon.  Many people are still without power and schools continue to stay closed.  It's pretty crazy.  My plan was to encourage you to practice hospitality this Halloween, but for us in the North East, it wasn't your typical day.  I've heard that some towns have postponed trick-or-treating until the weekend because power lines and trees are down and lights are out! 

I am not a big Halloween fan, but I am a big fan of my neighborhood... we live on a very friendly street where everyone knows each other.  It's pretty special.  Anyway, Scott went out with the kids and I stayed in with my lovely mother-in-law (who has been without power since Saturday!) and my sister-in-law.  Practicing hospitality with family is important too!  I try not to take them for granted. 

So, whatever your day looked like, I hope you were able to practice hospitality in some form or another... sitting with family, walking through your neighborhood or handing out candy with a smile.  And if you don't know your neighbors, maybe you could make a point of introducing yourself to them soon, I'm sure they'd love you ;-)  Finally, if your Halloween was postponed, you still have time to plan a party! (just kidding)

No comments: