Wednesday, November 2, 2011

get some sleep

The branches that have lined our street for the past few days were picked up today and all my kids were able to go to school.   I was thankful for some peace and quiet this morning.  With 4 kids, I don't get a lot of that.  I also don't get a lot of  sleep, but I can't always blame the children for that either!   I went to bed early last night.  A good nights sleep makes a big difference for me.  


When we were without power we went to bed much earlier than we normally do because there was no TV or computer to sit in front of.  Plus, we were tired.  I'll have to remember that.  I'll have to remember that just because I can... doesn't mean I have to.  Just because I can stay up and watch TV, read email, check FB, etc. doesn't mean I have to or even should.  I do know that it's important for me to take care of myself so that I can better take care of others.   I hope to do that this afternoon...

2 comments:

Melissa Stanton said...

Mary, I am loving your blog. I miss your face and your positive attitude. please know we think about you guys often and hope you are all happy! Big hugs to you all! :)

mary said...

thank you!!! we think of you guys also! sure miss the Stantons in MP. still would love to visit sometime:-)xoxo