Thursday, November 10, 2011

hungry?



Yesterday I went to my friend Aura's house and today I went to my in-law's house.  I was refreshed physically, emotionally and spiritually in both places.  Funny how when someone practices hospitality on you, you realize just how 'hungry' you were.  Hungry to talk, to be encouraged, to see something pretty, to taste something good...  I think about how important friends and family are and how these relationships need to be nourished.  I think about how we need to give and also receive from those who love us. 

From now on, I hope to think differently when someone opens their door to me.  I will try not to take it for granted.  I will try to remember to say, "Thank you so much" and really mean it because I know it's not always easy to host people.  It's not always easy or convenient, but there are a lot of 'hungry' people out there.  Are you hungry?  If so, give hospitality a try, you just might find yourself being nourished as you nourish someone else :-) 

No comments: