Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Yay forTrader Joe's

"Okay."  I say this little word a lot when I'm transitioning from one thing to another.  I bet I say it 100 times a day!!  Scott says it now, too.  We catch ourselves saying it at the same time and laugh.  Anyway, I'm trying to grab a minute here to encourage you to check out your favorite grocery store for some quick and easy items to have 'on hand' for those impromptu hospitality moments.  Some of my favorites are hummus and pita crackers, cheese, apples, popcorn, mixed nuts and dried fruit, veggies and to drink, coffee and flavored teas.  I don't want you to think that in order to invite someone in you must offer freshly baked cookies, homemade breads or muffins.... they do make candles in these yummy scents :-)

I happen to like Trader Joe's.  I have a few friends who really like it there too and have recommended lots of good stuff.  (Thanks)  They have lots to choose from, fresh and frozen and the prices are good.  Months ago we hosted a college friend of Scotts' and his lovely wife and I fed them Trader Joe's all weekend.  Mini-tacos, chips and salsa, Pulled Pork sandwiches, Mandarin Chicken and rice... it was kinda funny, but the great thing was that I really enjoyed myself!  I got to hang-out with the 'big kids' and I wasn't stressed and the meals were good.  My brother shared this quote with my Dad who shared it with me;  "Don't let excellent be the enemy of good enough."  Besides, if you offer something good to your friends, they're gonna think you are excellent.  Have a great day.

No comments: