Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hair cuts


I got my hair cut today.   When I got home, I asked Scott to take a picture of me.  He took about 15!  I felt so goofy posing and I couldn't smile naturally.  I don't know how models do it!!  Anyway, I think the above picture captures 'me' because I'm laughing, at Scott, of course! 

I got my hair cut at Salon Elisabeth on Central Ave. in Midland Park.  The owner, Elisabeth, is cool and sweet and has created a beautiful salon.  Most importantly, she gives great hair cuts!  The reason why I am posting about her and her salon on my hospitality blog is because Elisabeth has created an atmosphere that is welcoming.  Offering hospitality certainly is not reserved for home, but should be practiced in businesses too.  Elisabeth takes this to the next level in her salon.  She has a cozy room in the back with a table set for dinner so girlfriends could get their hair colored and enjoy a yummy meal from nearby Rosario's Restaurant.  How neat is that?  I am in need/want of highlights, so if you are too, let me know and we could make an evening out of it ;-)

Karalyn got her hair cut today too, by Liz.  Liz is another sweet and great hair cutter at Salon Elisabeth!  I love Karalyn's new look.  Jillian came along, but is not sure if she's ready for a cut.  When she is, we know where we're going!

5 comments:

Alexa said...

You both look so cute!! Hey, I may need highlights soon :)

mary said...

when you're ready, let me know... seriously! I'd love to spend time with you:-)

Jen Tyler said...

you look adorable!! Very suiting cut!

Mark said...

Wow, Mary, your new haircut looks great! We may not even recogize you and Karalyn this week while you're here!

Love, Marky

maddie said...

Hi Mary!
It's me Maddie.
Your new hair cut looks GREAT! So does Karalyn's!
Can't wait to see you guys soon!