Tuesday, December 20, 2011

angels


We welcomed a lovely couple from Kentucky into our home Sunday afternoon.  They drove 15 hours to pick up their son, who has been studying at Ramapo College this past semester.  Their son has been attending The Plant (our church), along with several other Ramapo students for the past few months.  This couple arrived in Mahwah an hour before church started.  We happened to sit in front of them Sunday morning.  During the 'meet and greet' time I had to ask them if they had a place to stay because I'm nosey like that ;-) but also because I wanted them to stay with us.  I had been asking God to show me who may need to be welcomed in this Christmas and I thought it might be them?!  Call me crazy, but the Bible does tell us to entertain strangers, because some have entertained angels without knowing it.*  Well, I'm glad they said "yes".  They are our angels from Kentucky.

So, don't forget... and then please tell me about your angels.

* Hebrews 13:2, check it out :-)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE this story Mary :). You definitely have a special spontaneous hospitality gift! I'm sure you all had a good time talking with this family. They were lovely people to meet and I am really going to miss chatting with their son!

This story is a great reminder to always be listening. It is so awesome when we listen to God tapping on our shoulder and then actually respond. I love that!

Mary said...

thanks Sarah. I miss them! They were God's gift to me this Christmas. See you tomorrow:-)