Friday, February 17, 2012

Mom's hospitality

We're headed for some good 'ol hospitality at my Mom and Dad's house.  My mom is the one who passed on my love for welcoming people in and for serving others.  She is gracious, generous and a wonderful cook!  She has a servant's heart and loves me and my family so much.  I am thankful to have her as my mother and hospitality mentor. 

I hope to pass on this gift to my children as well.  I realize however, that true hospitality comes from the heart and my kids will have to be inspired by God, just as I have been.  My mom not only introduced me to hospitality, but most importantly to Jesus.  I have fond childhood memories of going to Bible studies with her, her hosting a VBS in our backyard for the neighbors, Christian music playing in the house, and of course, going to church.  She gave me the greatest gift and now it is with great pleasure that I practice hospitality out of love for God and for His word.  Walking in her footsteps and His!

If you don't hear from me this week, it's because I'm soaking up some hospitality and hopefully some sun!  God bless.

No comments: