Thursday, January 12, 2012

OXOX's on toast


I tend to get in a breakfast rut when it comes to feeding the kids before school... cereal and frozen waffles are our staples!  No one really complains, but I like to offer more of a variety.  When I have time, I scramble up some eggs or fry them.  This morning however I served up 'hugs and kisses' on toast!  You know how 'O's and 'X's stand for hugs and kisses?  Well, the circle in the bread was the hug and the bacon 'X' was the kiss.  This was my first attempt and I will keep trying to perfect it.  Next time, I'll lay the bacon on top of the egg instead of under.  Anyway, the kids appreciated my love offering and enjoyed their breakfast.  I thought I was clever and had fun making them :-)  


Wouldn't this be a cute breakfast to serve on Valentine's Day?

2 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

I love it...I totally get into breakfast ruts too! Just pinned a bunch of different things to try. Really Mary...you should be homeschooling!!!

Mary said...

Hi Lisa. Happy New Year! Thanks for the comment. Homeschooling??? Not yet, maybe someday;-)