Tuesday, January 3, 2012

posture

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions, but I try to think of some goals and areas to improve on. One thought I had was about improving my posture.  After bearing 4 children, my 'core' is pretty weak.  Sad to say I haven't done anything to strengthen this area for years.  You won't find me running off to the gym this year, but sit-ups are definitely in order!  If anything, I'd like to try to be more conscious of how I'm standing and sitting.  I know I need to straighten up!

Speaking of posture, it isn't just the position of my body, but it is also an attitude... a non-verbal way of expressing myself.  When practicing hospitality I need to be aware of my posture... am I slouching (critical, unkind, etc.) or do I have a warm, welcoming posture?   Hopefully the later for my guests' sake!!  Hospitality comes from a heart of love therefore, I must have good posture.

my goofy girls are showing 'bad' posture, don't mess with 'em!
So, how's your posture?  How is your attitude?  Think about how people might feel when they are around you.  Do people feel good around you?  Do they feel 'welcome' in your presence?  Or do you wear a 'do not disturb' sign?  Are you judgemental, disengaged or self-centered?  If so, maybe you'd like to work on your posture with me this year.  I know it will be worth it!  Our physical core and our emotional core both should be strong, especially if we plan on practicing hospitality this year!! 

warm smiles!  great posture boys!!


For further reading about 'posture' check out The Tangible Kingdom written by Hugh Halter and Matt Smay.

No comments: